5 Scary Films To Watch On Halloween

Since Halloween is almost here, I decided to list a few of my favourites scary films for fun night in. If you're anything like me, you're probably not doing anything on Halloween but that does not mean the "Halloween Spirit" isn't in you. So, why not have a fun and scary night in with a few friends and/or family!

5. The Blair Witch Project
"I'm scared to close my eyes, I'm scared to open them"
One of the most classic horror films of all time. If I'm correct it was the first film in which the internet had a major part in promoting it, like by sharing the real story that inspired the film; Since it was promoted as a true story. It is a found footage kind of film and it's absolutely terrifying. The film follows a trio of young film students investigating and filming a documentary about a famous local legend: the Blair Witch. They get lost in the woods, and that's when the nightmare starts. Telling you anything past this point will spoil you the great life experience that is watch this film.

4. The Shining
"Little pigs, little pigs, let me come in."
The first time I got the chance of watching this film I was a bit worried, because it is quite old, and I genuinely though that it's technological limitations would ruin it for me. I was wrong. Yes, there is limitations, but they won't bother you at all, the script is so well written and interesting that you will be hooked and scared until the very end... If there is one thing that bothered me it was the female character, she is just too annoying, but it still doesn't ruin the experience, so it's all right.

3. The Fourth Kind
"I am- God"
I'm normally not really scared when it comes to Alien themed films, but this one gets me on another level. I saw the trailer and it just looked like another lame alien film; It just isn't. I have to admit, the first time I watched this, I couldn't sleep for the next three days, it scared me to death. I think the worst thing it's not just he fact that it looks so real - since there is also found footage in this film - but the fact that it gets you thinking "what if we are not alone in this world?". I personally think this is one of the best horror movies of all time and I genuinely love everything about it.
P.S.. I think I probably had a different experience then the rest of the world when watching this because I didn't know the found footage parts were fake, so it scared me to another level.

2. The Exorcism Of Emily Rose
"Trick or treat, I'll give you tricks and treats"
This film scarred me for life, and I'm not even joking. There are many parts of this film that changed my way of living forever. It is in a different format than usual horror films; It follows the story of a lawyer who is working on a case about a young woman that died during an exorcism, so Emily Rose's story is told by flashbacks and testimonials. The story also follows the priest who performed the exorcism and is being charged as Emily's murderer. The great thing about this film is how it will show you both the science part, and the religious part and it will let you decided in what to believe. It does not lead you to believe in neither, it puts you on the jury position, and I love it.

1. The Conjuring
"Hey, want to play hide and clap?"
This film is one of the best new "modern" horror films. I wasn't expecting much out of it, since the latest horror films hadn't been anything special, considering the "found footage" kind of film is the most popular one nowadays... But everything changed when one day after school I was just going trough my phone, and found an article about the real story behind the conjuring. That's when I found out it was based on a true story and I became obsessed with it, I read and watched all the interviews I could find, so when I actually got to watch the film I was really excited; And even that didn't ruin it for me - 'cause sometimes when you're too exited about something it may not full fill your expectations. I was actually pretty impressed with it, it scared me! I literally jumped of my seat a few times. To me, another reason this is such a great film, is because of the cast. This film's cast is SO ON POINT!
This isn't the sort of film that will scared you so much you will have trouble sleeping like "The Exorcism Of Emily Rose and "The Fourth Kind" might, but it will make jump quite a few times; So, in my opinion this is the perfect Halloween night film.

You can find most of these films on Netflix, but if not, they are easy to find anywhere else. Now grab your popcorn, turn off your lights, and good halloweening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Think Louis Tomlinson Is Homophobic Nor A Jerk

5 Short Films To Watch This Christmas