Summer Movies Preview 2015

April

Avengers: Age Of Ultron - 23rd | trailer - This has got to be the most anticipated film of this summer - maybe even of this entire year. I’m personally extra excited about this, considering that I’m what you’d call a proper ‘Marvel fan-girl’. This can and most likely will be the biggest box office of the year, I reckon it may even pass the 2 billion dollars mark - finally - breaking Avatar’s and Titanic’s record. Plus a new Star Wars trailer will be attached to it, so yeah, it’ll bring even more people to see it on the cinemas.

(x)

May

Hot Pursuit - 08th | trailer - I’m not even a little excited about this film, nothing in the trailers made me care. I don’t think this will be a big hit, but hey, we need a least one comedy during summer every year, so I guess it’s ok; I mean, at least it has a good cast, I really like both Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara. If you’re into this kind of comedy I’m sure you’ll have a great time whilst watching it.

Mad Max: Fury Road - 15th | trailer - I’m not a Mad Max fan or anything, but oh Gods, I’m so excited about this! I know absolutely nothing about the story or the previous films, yet I’m probably going to be there on the very first day ready to have a great time. That probably means the trailers have done their job - let’s be real here, what is it about the score? It’s so good, It makes me wish it was May 15th already! Not to mention the Batman v Superman first trailer will be attached to it, bringing a couple extra hundred people to the screenings.

Pitch Perfect 2 - 15th | trailer - I liked the first Pitch Perfect, not one of my favourite films or anything, but it’s a good film. I love the songs and the cast is great, I don’t find it very funny, but it’s alright. I really didn’t think they’d do another one to be honest, yet I’m sure this will have great box office numbers - probably more than the first one - and Anna Kendrick is a true sweetheart and extremely charismatic, so she’ll bring loads of people to the cinemas. This film’s biggest problem though, is that it will premiere with Mad Max and just a couple weeks after Age of Ultron, but I’m sure it’ll be fine.

Poltergeist - 22nd | trailer - I’ve never watched the original Poltergeist and that’s mainly because my stepmom warned me not to, she said she didn’t sleep for a week the first time she watched, and I didn’t sleep for three days just by watching ‘Annabelle’, so I get scared pretty easily I’d assume. But I’m also slightly obsessed with horror films, so of course I’ll watch this and probably drag my little brother to watch it with me, and I’ll probably be scared as hell. The trailer didn’t scare me a lot (apart form the “they already know what scares you” line, that was creepy as hell), if I’m honest, but I think they’re trying to save it to the actual film - or at least let’s hope they are.

Tomorrowland - 22nd | trailer - This film is based off one of Walt Disney World’s theme parks section, it is the ‘futuristic’ section out of Magic Kingdom, Disneyland and probably Disneyland Paris. I still do not understand what’s going on in the trailers, but something about it makes me excited! The concept is great and the cast is on point, so I’m sure this will be great film and might even make loads of money on the box office.

Aloha - 29th | trailer - I don’t even know what to say about this one, I mean, I watched the trailer and it made me happy. This will be on of those really feel-good movies, and I’m so excited for it! It has a great cast, with big names like Bradley Cooper, Emma Stone and Rachel McAdams. This trailer always puts a smile on my face and I’m so excited to see the full film! Plus it’s Cameron Crowe! What else can I say?

San Andreas - 29th | trailer - Just like every year we need a comedy, every year we also need a disaster film, and who’s better to star in it than Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson?! I’m sure this will be a box office hit, The Rock has got more charisma than any one in the film industry right now, so people will go see this for him. And Alexandra Daddario is on it, if you needed another reason to buy your ticket...


(x)

June

Insidious: Chapter 3 - 05th | trailer - I really liked the first one, I was really scared even though it has a terrible ending. And the second one was okay, not as scary though. Now, with third I don’t really know what to expect, but the trailer really scared me, so I’m excited!

Spy - 05th | trailer - Another Melissa McCartney film, in which she does the same thing she always does... I’m not excited at all and to be honest the trailer didn’t do it’s job to me, it doesn’t seem interesting, it doesn’t seem funny.

Jurassic World - 12th | trailer - Right after The Rock on the list of most charismatic actors in Hollywood right now is Chris Pratt, he made us fall in love with him on Guardians of the Galaxy, and now he’s starring in the brand new Jurassic Park film. I’m so excited about this, like I don’t even care about anything, did you see that shark being eaten by a dinosaur out of water? I’ll watch this film 7 times just because of that scene to be honest! Oh, and if something chases you, run.

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl - 12th | trailer - I saw this trailer and it gave a ‘Perks of Being a Wallflower’ and ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ crossover vibe, and I really enjoyed it! I love everything about it and I’m really looking forward to seeing this!

Inside Out - 19th | trailer - PIXAR IS BACK BITCHES! This has all the elements of being the next big Pixar film, and we haven’t had in a while. I love the trailers, I love the idea, I love it! I’m extremely excited about this and I can’t wait to take my baby sister to watch it!

Ted 2 - 26th | trailer - I really, really enjoyed the first Ted, I loved some of it’s jokes even though it can a bit harsh sometimes. I don’t really know what to expect form this sequel, really no idea... Plus I do know that the film theme is a clear reference to LGBTQ+ marriage and adopting babies, and something about Seth MacFarlane touching this subject worries me, but let’s see how it goes...

(x)

July

Magic Mike XXL - 01st | trailer - Channing Tatum. Matt Bomer. Joe Manganiello. Shirtless. Dancing. Do I need to say anything else? 

Terminator: Genisys - 01st | trailer - here’s another film I’m not really excited about, I mean the story is interesting but I don’t know, it just doesn’t do it for me. I do like Emilia Clarke in it though and Arnold being back is great, I have my doubts on Jai Courtney, but he was fine in Insurgent. I’ll still go watch it in the first week even not being excited at all...

Minions - 10th | trailer - Banana, banana, banana banana, bananaaaa. Translation: I’m so excited I’ll probably be there on opening night!

Self/Less - 10th | trailer - Love the concept, love the cast, and the trailer made me really curious! I’m usually cautious when it comes to films with Ryan Reynolds on it but I’m excited about this one (I’m also excited about deadpool but that’s another story).

Ant-Man - 17th | trailer - I was kind of worried about this one, but the new trailer really had me going (I loved seeing Peter Russo on it and he seems like a great villain). And let’s be honest all of us were saying the same thing about Guardians last year, and we all know how that turned out... Plus I love Paul Rudd, I think he’s amazing, and it’s lovely to have him in the MCU!

Pan - 24th | trailer - I like the casting and I like the premisses, I don’t know how it will go after all, but it’ll probably be worth the ticket.  UPDATE: Pan was moved to October, 9th

Paper Towns - 24th | trailer - I liked the Fault in Our Stars, okay? But I don’t know about Paper Towns, the trailer was alright, not very exciting or anything... I love Nat Wolff and I don’t think he has a huge chemistry with Cara Delavigne, I mean form the little we saw, I liked him better with Halston Sage - and that says something because I don’t like Halston Sage. Also I have never seen Cara act, that worries me, but he had barely seen anything from Ansel Elgort and he was great after all.

Pixels - 24th | trailer - I know, I know it’s another Adam Sandler film, I’m not excited about it, but I like the story and the trailer was fine; Truth be told I will watch this movie, solely because of Peter Dinklage!

Southpaw - 24th | trailer - I’ll be in the first screening of this film for sure, and there’s no reason not to. I mean, can you remember the last time Jake Gyllenhaal made a bad movie? Yeah, a long a time ago. He’s an outstanding actor, and I’ll watch anything he’s on.

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation - 31st | trailer - I’m so excited about this film! I love Tom Cruise, and I love Jeremy Renner. Plus Ghost Protocol was amazing, and I can’t to see what they did with this one!

(x)

August

Fantastic Four - 07th | trailer - I try to be excited about this one, but it always come back to the cast and that’s it! I love Miles Teller, and I know he’s a great actor, and he looks like Reed Richards to me. I also love both Michael B. Jordan and Jamie Bell, they are great actors after all! I personally don’t like Kate Mara, and really don’t understand her casting as Sue, let’s hope she surprises me! Apart from the cast we haven’t gotten any good news, so this will truly be a shot in the dark.

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. - 14th | trailer - I don’t like Henry Cavill, I just don’t, and this trailer was quite boring if I’m honest. I didn’t get me, at all. I like the idea though, so let’s see...

Hitman: Agent 47 - 28th | trailer - I like this trailer, it looks a really good action film. I know it’s too loud for the video game okay? But maybe it’s just to draw attention to it; I don’t know, but I’ll give it a go!

Regression - 28thtrailer - This trailer gives a ‘Exorcism of Emily Rose’ vibe and I love it! I’m actually really looking forward to this one, plus Emma Watson is a great actress and  I’m excited to see her in a horror film.

(x)
I think we can all agree this summer’s biggest film will be the Avengers, but we’re into a pretty good year in film apparently, and that’s incredibly exciting. The biggest ‘winner’ this year though will truly be Disney, they just put Cinderella out, and it has been great success, plus on summer they have: The Avengers, Tomorrowland and Inside Out. And by the end of the year they’ll Star Wars out. This is great year for Disney, that I know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Think Louis Tomlinson Is Homophobic Nor A Jerk

5 Scary Films To Watch On Halloween

5 Short Films To Watch This Christmas