One Direction's 'Made In The A.M.' Breakdown & Review

Soooo, One Direction's highly anticipated album 'Made In The A.M.' is finally out! Now, this year has been quite rough on the One Direction fandom, from Zayn's departure earlier this year to the band announcing a break. However, none of this got in the way of the boys making a ridiculously good album. This is, in my opinion, the most different sounding album they've put out so far, and it's truly great. But let's get going into dissecting this record song by song.

1. Hey Angel

This is the perfect song to start the album, it gives you a little preview of what the rest of the album is going to be like, making you even more excited to hear the rest of it. It's name makes you think this will be some sort of slow sad song, but it's not. It is a feel-good song with great lyrics and a happy rhythm. Harry's vocals on this song are particularly great, no wonder he's so proud of this one! My favourite part of it is definitely LiLo's bridge! I love how their voices sound together and it has such a great rhythm. This is for sure one of my faves from this album!
Best For: Driving on a Sunday morning
Favourite Lyric: "I come alive when I hear your voice; It's a beautiful sound, it's a beautiful noise"

2. Drag Me Down

Their first single from this album, great song, catchy and fun. This is my little sister's favourite song for sure, I always catch her singing to herself "Nobody, Nobody", and believe me, it's adorable to see a 5-year-older that doesn't speak english sing this lol. This is also the most pop-ish song in this album, it's the one that sounds the most like their past songs.
Best For: Running
Favourite Lyric: "The shell of a man who can never be his best"

3. Perfect

Single number two. This is great song for a single, if you consider that it may be shading Taylor Swift and all of that. When you see the title 'Perfect' you can't help but expect a boring and cliche filled tune, however this is not what we get from this. This is not a love song, it's a song about hooking up and not being serious; And it's great.
Best For: Jumping in your bed whilst singing
Favourite Lyric: "And if you like having secret little rendezvous" (I just really love the way they pronounce rendezvous"

4. Infinity

This was the second song released from this album, and it's strongest part is definitely the lyrics. If you're going through a breakup I feel like you might love this song. Louis's part in this is my absolute favourite, I just love the way his voice sounds in this - to be fair, I love the way his voice sounds all the time, but STILL.
Best For: When you're heart is breaking
Favourite Lyric: "And now I'm one step closer to being two steps far from you"

5. End Of The Day

YASSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! I love this song so much! I don't even know why, I just do! It makes me so happy. This is the definition of a feel-good song, even though the lyrics are about a heartbreak in some way, the chorus just makes you happy. Harry starts the song, and his verse is the nicest thing to sing with; Louis's and Niall's Pre-choruses are so good; And Liam's second verse is so fun, I love when he says "The priest says it's the devil, my mum thinks it's the flu; But girl, it's only you". Thank you Liam and Louis for helping writing this masterpiece.
Best For: Honestly, for anything, anywhere, anytime!!
Favourite Lyric: (Can I put the whole song here?) "Just me, her, and the moon"

6. If I Could Fly

The saddest song of not only this album, but One Direction's entire career. It deadass made my eyes all teary and stuff... It a sad song for every situation, it doesn't really have to be a break-up song, for example, since I live in the USA now and far away from my family, this is what I think about when I listen to this, and it makes my heart ache. Louis's voice is so damn good on this one, I absolutely love it. I'd say my favourite part is Harry's and Louis's bridge, they have such different voices that go so well together, it's a great bridge. This song also has a great ending, and the way they combine all of their voices is just perfect.
Best For: When you feel lonely or missing someone special for you.
Favourite Lyric: "If I could fly, I'd be coming right back home to you"

7. Long Way Down

Another 'sad' song, so many of those in this album. I personally relate to this one better than the other ones, I feel like it's about trying really hard and things not working the way you planned them to. Once again, it can be a break-up song but you can also relate it to other moments of your life that not a romantic relationship. Liam's chorus is my favourite part of this song, the way he hits every note and they way his voice sounds just go perfectly with the song.
Best For: When you're feeling a bit down
Favourite Lyric: "I try to forgive you, but I'm struggling cause I don't know how"

8. Never Enough

This is that one completely different song, that doesn't match the rest of the album but somehow still made it to the final cut, probably because it's Niall favourite. The first time I listened to this song I didn't like it at all, but the more I listen to it, the more I like it, kind of what happened with 'Act My Age'. It is a very happy, feel-good song.
Best For: When you're happy dancing around your room
Favourite Lyric: "Lips so good I forget my name"

9. Olivia

This song makes me so happy too! It has such a nice feel to it, and it's rhythm makes me so happy, honestly, this song just always puts a smile on my face. This song also has a great bridge. I guess One Direction is really good with their bridges, because they're always my favourite parts of their songs. I particularly love Louis's contribution at the end of the song. They all sound great, but I highkey lowkey wanted a solo Niall version of this song, because he just sounds so good in this!
Best For: Dancing in the middle of the night with only a t-shirt on
Favourite Lyric: "The summertime and butterflies all belong to your creation"

10. What A Feeling

This feels like a old song, straight out of a old-school musical. This feels like a great song to on a movie soundtrack. I love this song so much, I feel like this would be my mom's favourite if she was to choose a fave. This feels like a great song to dance with a special someone, like on a dance, prom or maybe just in the middle of the night for fun. @Hollywood, next time you need a soundtrack for a dance scene in a movie, here is your perfect choice.
Best For: Dancing with a partner
Favourite Lyric: "What a feeling to be right right beside you now"

11. Love You Goodbye

Louis sings a high note. Do I really need to say anything else? But, if you really want me to go on, I will. This song is also one of my favourites from this album, it has Elounor written all over it, especially since Louis did write this song too. All four of them sound particularly great in this one, Liam is perfect as always, Harry's voice goes so well with the chorus, Louis sings a high note and Niall sounds almost as good as in Olivia. This song isn't half as sad as If I Could Fly, but it's definitely the biggest break-up song in this album.
Best For: Going through a break-up
Favourite Lyric: "My heart's already breaking, baby go on twist the knife"

12. I Want To Write You A Song

MURDER ME. This song is so beautiful. I love it so much. It is so calm and sweet and it's lyrics are so damn adorable! Louis's voice is so good in this, it is different than usual, and I love it. This is the perfect lullaby song, everytime I listen to it I picture someone singing this to their child to help them fall asleep. It it just completely adorable.
Best For: Singing a lullaby
Favourite Lyric: "One that's beautiful as you are sweet"

13. History

I love this one. I feel like this is a friendship song, like this makes me think of my friends back home and how we're there for each other no matter what. Liam's parts in these are for sure my favourites. I love the clapping, it just makes you feel happy. Not to mention Louis's bridge is the best thing ever.
Best For: Sing along with friends
Favourite Lyric: "Cause the truth is out, I realise that without you here life is just a lie"

14. Temporary Fix

Another hooking up song *eyes emoji*. This has such a great rhythm and a great chorus. Great party song. Harry's voice sounds so damn good in this one. Still somehow it feels like Niall's song to me. It also has some sort of No Control vibe to it. If you want to jump and sing to a song this should be your pick!
Best For: Getting ready to party
Favourite Lyric: "You control me, even if it's just tonight"

15. Walking In The Wind

A mature and ready to move on break up song, this is the only way I can describe this song. It is a break up song, but it feels like two people just decided to move on, but still care about each other. It just feels really grown-up, I really really like it. A solo Liam version of this song would be very nice too to be honest!
Best For: Moving On
Favourite Lyric: "You will find me in places that we've never been for reasons we don't understand"

16. Wolves

When I saw the title I didn't know what to expect but this is such a good song! It's rhythm makes me wanna dance, or run, I don't know, just makes me want to move hahah! This song has Liam written all over it for me, it feels like a song that he would enjoy. And I love Harry leading the chorus, because I love the way we pronounces 'wolves'.
Best For: Running
Favourite Lyric: "We can run and hide, ain't going down without a fight"

17. A.M.

Honestly, this is such a great song to end the album! It's slow and cute, also about friendship, it's about memories, hanging out and having fun with people you love and trust. This makes me think of all the nights me and my brother used to go to my cousins' house and just talk and play board games until the sun was out. Once again, I love the way Harry pronounces A.M. lol. This song also puts a smile on my face, I really like it!
Best For: Driving home
Favourite Lyric: "All my favourite conversations always made in the A.M."

I feel like overall this is a very solid album, mature and different. I really enjoyed it. This is filled with great songs, some that even got into my all-time favourite One Direction songs, like End Of The Day, that bumped Change Your Ticket to 3rd place.

If I were you I would invest my time into listening to this album, believe me it's worth it!

Did you listen to Made in The A.M. yet? Did you like it? What's your favourite song? Let me know in the comments!

*I was planning on posting this yesterday, however, due to everything that went down in Paris, I decided today would be a better day to publish this post.*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Think Louis Tomlinson Is Homophobic Nor A Jerk

5 Scary Films To Watch On Halloween

5 Short Films To Watch This Christmas