I Spit On Your Grave

I went to Renata's house the other day, and we wanted to watch a horror movie. So we logged in Netflix and this title caught our attention. The plot synopsis said "In this horror remake, young writer Jennifer has her life shattered by a vicious rape. Now, the thugs responsible will face an excruciating fate". I had heard many people talk about how great this movie was and everything, so, why not?
I could lie and say that I'll try to make this spoiler free and everything, but I can't. So...
~~~ START OF SPOILERS ZONE ~~~
First of all, this movie is one of the most incommodious movies to watch EVER. Mainly because it's a 108 minute movie with 50 minutes of rape scenes and the other 50 with torture scenes. So, yeah, it is a extremely uncomfortable movie to watch.
The first 10 minutes made me almost burst out of agony. I mean, we all know she's getting raped, and I just wanted it to be over soon, so we could get to the actual movie, but apparently her being raped wasn't just a motivation, it was a MAIN part of the movie. I feel like some of the horror of the movie comes from her being raped.
The entire rape scene is just terrible, because it is sooooo long. I mean, first, you thing she's getting raped by the guys from the gas station, and they are there being jerks to her and everything. And she manages to run away, and that got us thinking who is raping her then? Which is bad, because she meets a freakin' police officer, and he says he's going to help her and everything, but he ends up raping her with the gas station gang! And she is raped in, like, 2 or 3 different places. It is awful.
After all that you think she dies, so I though "cool, now she's disturbing them in ghost form, that's why is horror film!"; But no, she is alive indeed and she goes after each one of the 5 man who raped her. Which is fine, they deserved it, but it is very distressing to watch. Because she does tortured them (the last one I didn't really mind though).
~~~ END OF SPOILERS ZONE ~~~
Anyways, if you are anything like me, you probably will not enjoy this movie quite as much as anybody else would. I personally hate seeing rape and torture in any kind of movie - no matter what. So, it was a hard movie for me to watch. Apart from that, this shouldn't be considered a horror movie, because it is not. IT IS A THRILLER. A highly agonizing thriller.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Think Louis Tomlinson Is Homophobic Nor A Jerk

5 Scary Films To Watch On Halloween

5 Short Films To Watch This Christmas