World Cup, VHS, Tarot and Childood Memories

This past Thursday the world cup finally started. As a Brazilian I was extremely excited, yet very annoyed with all these problems that happened in order to be ready for the World Cup. I woke up lunch time and watched the opening ceremony whilst eating something... And I have to admit I was so disappointed with it! It was quite embarrassing to be honest.
Pitbull, Jennifer Lopez and Claudia Leitte performing during World Cup's Opening Ceremony
The problem was, there was a lot going on and nothing made sense.  They tried to represent every state in the country, but failed miserably at it. There wasn't a choreography, it was almost as if they found all those people two minutes before the ceremony started. Everyone was doing they're own thing. There was people dancing samba, people walking around, and people just standing there. And to finish it up there was the Pitbull/J-Lo/Claudia Leitte performance fiasco. Firstly the thing that was supposed to go up with J-Lo and Pitbull on it failed and simply stopped. Then it was just weird, we had an awardly dressed Pitbull that looked like he didn't know what he was doing; A trying-to-hard-to-be-hot Claudia Leitte, that included showing to J-Lo how low she could go whilst dancing; and lastly we had a classy as hell J-Lo probably wondering what the hell she was doing there.
Brazil's carnival parade 2014
At the end of the day it was just a poorly organized ceremony, no wonder J-Lo didn't wanted to come! What truly breaks my heart is that this was organized/choreographed by two foreign choreographers, instead of a Brazilian one. We do have great choreographers, just like at all the carnival parades! They are absolutely amazing, and it makes me really sad that foreign people were chosen to show our culture instead of ourselves... Not to mention it took us one and a half hours to clean up the field!
Anyways, after all of that I went to Renata's house to watch the game, and to my surprise she was watching Mulan in VHS with her mum. I hadn't seen people watching VHS in so long, it was so exciting! We finished watching the movie, after many laughs and childhood feelings, the biggest childhood memory ever surfaced. As the ending credits started to show, a song started to play. When we heard it, I jumped and started pointed to the screen, and Renata screamed "WHAT?!". Her mum just looked at us laughing at our reaction. But it was totally reasonable! Renata looked at me and said "Who is singing? who is singing?" and I loudly answered "JUNIOR! FROM FREAKING SANDY & JUNIOR!" and she replied with a OMG face. We started laughing and going back on memory lane, back to when we were small kids and the biggest thing you could possibly do was going to a Sandy & Junior concert.
After that we watched the game and Renata's mum decided to play tarot cards with us. I quite liked my results to be honest. Renata, on the other hand, wasn't really happy about it... She kept on getting the fool and the devil, which are not too great. I got stuff like the tower and death, which basically means I am going to go through some sort of change. Brazil did win the first game, what is great, even tough I don't think we're winning the cup. I am betting on Netherlands this year.
We then ordered some pizza, and as Renata's sister, Andrea, and her boyfriend, Guilherme arrived we decided to watch more films. We finished the night by watching Dinosaur, which is a Disney masterpiece to be honest. We just had such a great nostalgic night! And hopefully we will repeat that at lot during the time Renata's still here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Don't Think Louis Tomlinson Is Homophobic Nor A Jerk

5 Scary Films To Watch On Halloween

5 Short Films To Watch This Christmas